CARIBBEAN JERK SHRIMP
with Mango Salsa
- 1 teaspoon Essential Everyday Dehydrated Minced Onion
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Essential Everyday Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Essential Everyday Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Essential Everyday Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Essential Everyday Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Essential Everyday Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Essential Everyday Salt
- 2 tablespoons Essential Everyday Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 pound tail-on cooked shrimp thawed
- 3/4 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 3/4 cup diced fresh mango
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon diced fresh jalapeño pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Combine spices and oil in a small bowl. Place shrimp in a 1-gallon recloseable food storage bag.
Pour spice mixture over shrimp; seal bag. Toss to coat shrimp with spice mixture.
Place in refrigerator several hours or overnight.
In medium bowl, combine pineapple, mango, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro and a pinch of salt. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serve shrimp with salsa.