Everything is betta with Buttermilk & Chedda! These savory biscuits will make your mouth water!
Buttermilk Cheddar Biscuits
- 2 cups Essential Everyday all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Essential Everyday baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 12 tablespoons cold Essential Everyday unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 Essential Everyday egg
- 1 cup Essential Everyday mild cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Essential Everyday clover honey
- 1 Essential Everyday egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the flour, baking powder, and salt into a food processor and pulse to combine. Add the cubed butter and pulse several times, until coarse crumbs form.
- Transfer mixture into a large mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the egg and buttermilk and whisk to combine. Add buttermilk mixture to the dough and mix only until moistened.
- Fold in the cheddar cheese.
- Dump the mixture out onto a well-floured board and knead lightly, about 5-6 times. Roll the dough out to a large rectangle. With a floured knife, cut the dough lengthwise in half and then across in quarters, making 8 rough rectangles.
- Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet and brush the tops with egg wash. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the tops are browned.
- Drizzle with honey and serve warm.