Caramel Almond Popcorn
4 to 6
- 1 cup Essential EverydayTM Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Essential EverydayTM Light Corn Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Essential EverydayTM Salt
- 1 cup Essential EverydayTM Heavy Cream, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon Essential EverydayTM Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Essential EverydayTM Baking Soda
- 8 cups popped Essential EverydayTM Yellow Kernel Popcorn
- 2 cups raw whole almonds
- Combine the sugar, corn syrup and salt in a medium saucepot. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat and let it boil for 6 to 8 minutes without stirring. You have to watch it the whole time, because it will turn from sugar to caramel very quickly.
- Once the mixture turns light brown, remove it from the heat and whisk in the cream. Stir in the vanilla and baking soda. Be careful not to touch the caramel until it has cooled. It will be scalding hot. Don't try to taste it!
- Spread the popcorn and almonds in a large baking dish. Pour the caramel over them, using a spoon to mix the popcorn and almonds. Make sure you stir from the bottom of the dish to coat everything well.
- As the caramel cools in the pan, stir a few more times to keep the caramel from sinking to the bottom of the dish.
- Note: This popcorn is meant to be eaten the day it is made. If you need to save it for a few hours, simply cover it with parchment paper or a paper towel and leave it out on the countertop.