The Best Blueberry Muffins
14 to 16
- 1-1/2 cups Essential EverydayTM All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Essential EverydayTM Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup Essential EverydayTM Canola or Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Essential EverydayTM Buttermilk or whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Essential EverydayTM Frozen Blueberries or fresh
- Essential EverydayTM Vegetable Cooking Spray, for pan
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder.
- In a 2-cup measuring cup, combine the oil, milk and eggs. Pour the wet mixture over the dry ingredients and add the fruit while continually mixing with a fork. Don't use a whisk, which will just break up the fruit.
- Line the muffin pan(s) with cupcake liners, if you're using them. Spray the pan with cooking spray. (Even if you use the liners, I recommend spraying the surface of the pan to prevent the muffin tops from sticking).
- Use a 2-ounce ice cream scoop or 1/4 cup measuring cup to fill each muffin cup with an equal amount of batter. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. The muffins should be golden brown and springy to the touch.
- The Busy Mom's Tip: You can make these muffins with bananas, strawberries or other fruit instead of the blueberries. Just dice the larger fruit into pieces about the size of blueberries. Bake these on a Sunday and grab them on the run on weekday mornings.